Sunday, April 15, 2012

Julep Maven Box!

 I tried Julep for the 'try for one cent' promotion, and I was pretty pleased with the results.  You take a quiz, to find your style and then you get to pick if you want that box, or another style box.  I decided to keep my quiz result box, which was American Beauty.  The box came shortly after, and it had two polishes, and a Glycolic Hand Scrub.  It was packaged very cutely, and it came with a nail file, a bow wrapped around the polishes and some confetti like material.  




  The first polish was Pennelope which is a pale pink color.  I normally don't like or wear colors like this, but I actually kind of liked it on.  it was very spring-y which I liked.  I used three coats in the pictures.



The next polish was Portia, a light sparkly blue.  This color is very pretty, and also very spring-y.  I used one coat of Wet n Wild French White Creme and three coats of Portia. 

The Glycolic Hand Scrub is wonderful!  At first I was like oh a hand scrub that's not really cool but I'll try it.  I was so surprised at it.  It was so exfoliating and it my hands feel so smooth afterwards and applying lotion.  This is such a good product to get smooth hands. 

I really enjoyed the Julep products, but I don't think I'll keep subscribing unless there's something I really like in one of the boxes.  The formula of the nail polishes is good, but I don't think it's that great in comparison to OPI, Essie or China Glaze. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my blog! Feel free to leave any thoughts or suggestions. I read and reply to all the comments.